Tibbar Rabbit Puppet
Tibbar Rabbit Puppet
1 or more players • 4 & up
Tibbar is soft, cuddly, loves to play all sorts of games and is the original SimplyFun Buddy. Pair up with this pal to play a wide variety of games. Or just keep him close by, whatever you do.
Skills Focus: Imagination
- 16" tall puppet
How to Play
With foot long, floppy ears and an ultra fluffy full body, this plush puppet will become the constant hop-a-long companion for all kids. Tibbar features a convenient Velcro closure at the back of his head to move his mouth with your fingers. For ages three to 103, you will have years of enjoyment and fun.
- Puppets are great to include in dramatic play. Whether playing house or veterinarian the animals can be fed, put to bed, or doctored. Puppets are soft and cuddly and thus stimulate nurturing behavior in the young child.
- Puppets encourage children to have conversations. Whether someone else is holding the puppet or the child is operating the puppet himself, puppets "talk" and inspire children to talk back. Use puppets to have talks with your child about what to get at the grocery store, what they want to do outside, or what they did at school. Children will often tell puppets things they won't share with adults!
- Encourage your child to "read" to the puppets. After you share a book with your child, add a puppet. Ask your child to show the puppet the pictures and tell it the story. Involve the puppet by having the puppet ask questions or make comments about the book that the child can respond to. This activity promotes your child's early literacy skills and storytelling ability.
- Use puppets to help with problem solving about rules or behaviors. Puppets are not authority figures, so children may be able to listen and learn as the puppet helps them think about the situation. For example, Digger the Dog can be an expert on being a friend, Pickles the Pig may know about manners, and Tibbar can be a good listener and helper.
- Puppets can be an audience for children's performances. Children love to be the center of attention. Every person who holds a puppet doubles the size of the audience! The puppets can cheer, applaud and request additional performances.