Cheers to a new year! As we reflect on the last 12 months, we cannot help but smile knowing that our games brought laughter and togetherness, and plenty of learning to kids and families everywhere. Whether it was to develop core skills such as math, physics, and word recognition or to help grow social and emotional skills, the opportunities to learn through gameplay were plentiful and for that we are grateful!
So here it is, our top 10 games of 2022!
10. Buddy MatchGet to know the SimplyFun Buddies in Buddy Match as they help you quickly find matches using size, color, and character. But watch out, as your match must be different from the last player’s to play your card! Play it with 2-6 players, ages 4 & up in 20 minutes.
9. Lily PondHop Hop Hooray-says, the tiny toad that’s learning to read and spell!
In Lily Pond, players take turns hopping their frogs on lily pads to collect letters and complete the words on their cards. Each player practices reading and spelling 3, 4, and 5-letter words per round! It’s a ribbit-ing preschool board game for ages 4 and up that plays in as little as 15 mins.
8. Get The FlyGet The Fly is our variation of “Old Maid” which has players looking for the one fly among all the colorful frogs. Select cards from other players to find a match to a card in your own hand. Discard a pair when you make a match and be the last one with the fly card at the end of the game to win! Play it with 2-6 players, ages 4 & up in 20 minutes.
7. Corner Center MatchThink fast to match colors and shapes in this colorful card-matching game, perfect for family game night fun! Match the color and shape of a corner of your card with the center of the target card. Do it quickly because the player who draws their very last card first wins the game! Perfect for 2-6 players, ages 7 and up.
6. Math RoomAre you a good innkeeper? Then be the first to ring the bell and solve the addition and subtraction problems on your innkeeper key. Players roll the die, solve the equation, and cover the answer on their math board with a window token. The first player to cover all the numbers on their math board wins the game! Perfect for 2-4 players, ages 5 and up. Play Math Room in as little as 10 minutes.
5. Bee AlertFind the matching colored bee under the hive in this fun early elementary matching and memory game! Bee Alert is the bee’s knees for developing fine motor skills, too. 2-5 players ages 5 and up can play this fun memory game in 15-20 minutes.
4. SumologyIt’s like Scrabble, but with math! In Sumology, kids ages 8 and up will practice basic math and use all four basic math operations to build equations. Hone addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division skills in about 30 minutes of gameplay.
3. Dreaming DragonShhhh! Don’t wake the Dreaming Dragon as you attempt to rescue the colorful lizards stacked on the Dragon’s nest! Players use focus, self-control, and fine motor skills to save the lizards without dropping the golden eggs or waking the Dreaming Dragon!
Play with 2-4 players ages 6 and up in as little as 30 minutes.
2. Digger’s Garden MatchLearn colors, shapes, and counting up to 50 while you see how many sides you can match! Great for developing spatial reasoning at any age. Digger’s Garden Match has been a top-selling SimplyFun game for years, so it’s no surprise it made one of our top spots this year, too! This game plays in about 15 minutes and is perfect for 1-6 players ages 4 and up.
1. KilterFor the second year in a row, Kilter lands the number one spot on our top 10 games list!
Kilter is not just an irresistible game and hilarious family fun, it’s also an introduction to physics, levers, and predicting outcomes. This block-stacking and balancing game is perfect for 2-4 players ages 8 and up. It’s also a big hit with adult tabletop gamers, too!
As we dive into 2023, we can’t wait to dedicate even more time to gameplay and togetherness. Did your favorite game make our top 10 games list this year?