What’s a gift that connects family and friends through laughter and play? If you guessed board games, give yourself a pat on the back!
No other gift can spark imagination, social bonding, and cooperation, quite like a board game can while providing hours of enjoyment for years to come. Whether you are shopping for young learners, a strategy-loving neighbor, or social “game-night” players, we’ve got a board game for everyone on your holiday list this year!
Ready to create some holiday memories? Game On!
Board Game Gift Guide: Young Learners
Give the gift of fun AND knowledge through gameplay. Whether you are shopping for your Pre-K kid or advanced student, we’ve got a game for every age and stage.
Pre-K Board Games
- Buddy Hop: This interactive game is designed to get little bodies moving! Build memory, sequencing, and learn visual association skills in this two-in-one board game. 2-5 players • Play Time: 10–15 min • Ages 4 & up
- Wake Up Stars: It’s never too early to teach your little ones emotional intelligence. In this sweet game, players collect stars and share stories about what makes them feel the emotions found on the faces of the stars. 2-4 players • Play Time: 10 min • Ages 3 & up
- Animal Snacks: This super fun matching and turn-taking game helps Pre-K children develop pattern recognition as they roll the dice to see if they are passing an animal to the next player, or if they get to feed snacks to the animals. The first player to feed all of their snacks wins the game. 2-5 players • Play Time: 10 min • Ages 3 & up
- Buddy Puppets: For the Pre-K kid who loves performing. Gather SimplyFun’s Tibbar, Pickles & Digger to set the stage for a puppet party your little will never forget! 1 or more players • Ages 4 & up
Early Elementary Board Games
- Ice Tumble: Players take turns rolling the die and collecting ice blocks. Then they stack their blocks carefully, to make an ice sculpture, without any tumbling off. The first player to successfully place all of their ice blocks and their fox pawn on the sculpture wins the game. 2-4 players • Play Time: 15 min • Ages 7 & up
- Corner Center Match: Practice matching colors and shapes by quickly playing cards from your hand. Match a corner of your card with the center of the target card in both color and shape before another player makes the match. 2-6 players • Play Time: 10 min • Ages 7 & up
- Bee Alert: Find the matching-color bee under the hive in this fun memory game that builds fine motor skills and helps players learn to take turns. 2-5 players • Play Time: 15–20 min • Ages 5 & up
- Hazel’s Helpers: Join Hazel and her siblings as they practice their beaver lodge building skills. Players take turns rolling the die to determine their actions in this game that helps players build fine more skills and practice their decision-making. 2-4 players • Play Time: 15 min • Ages 4 & up
Mid Elementary Board Games
- BankIt!: This money management game teaches players to shop for a good bargain while saving money for a bike. This game is an introduction to financial education that covers important economical concepts like saving, interest and giving to help others. 1-4 players • Play Time: 30 min • Ages 8 & up
- Betcha Can’t Win: A casino-style dice and card game where thoughtful decision-making will help players capture cards from their opponents as they race to collect the cards with the most value. Players practice addition, predicting and sharpen their decision-making skills in this fun STEM game. 2-4 players • Play Time: 20 min • Ages 8 & up
- Walk the Dogs : 63 adorable canine friends make for a barking good time in this basic math game that helps players learn to count, multiply & predict while they dodge the dog catcher! 2-5 players • Play Time: 30 min • Ages 8 & up
- Rolling Tides: A tidal wave of FUN that helps players practice decision-making and spatial reasoning as they take turns rolling, moving and placing dice on the game board. The goal of Rolling Tides is to create groups of four or more dice to earn tide-pool animal tokens. The first player to place 20 tokens on their scoreboard wins! 2-4 players • Play Time: 30 min • Ages 8 & up
Upper Elementary- Teen Board Games
- Bid-A-Letter: Bid a letter for the timing of your turn and a chance to add to a word chain. As each player adds letters, words change. Put your planning and sequencing skills to work as you bid wisely to be the first player to place all your tiles and win the game. 2-6 players • Play Time: 40 min • Ages 12 & up
- Nite Lights: Players light up the sky, stacking their firework cards and blocks on the board by creating and matching color patterns in this colorful strategy game that helps sharpen spatial reasoning. 2-4 players • Play Time: 45 min • Ages 10 & up
- Zone to Zone: The ultimate strategy board game where players roll the dice to shift across the gameboard while blocking their opponent’s moves. The first player to move more than half their pieces to the starting positions in the opposite zone wins. 2-6 players • Play Time: 30 min • Ages 12 & up
- Cash Out!: Give players an early start on making diversified investments while they learn to balance the growth of funds across four different industry sectors. Players strategize their funds’ growth to time their liquidations to Cash Out and win the game. 2-4 players • Play Time: 30 min • Ages 10 & up
Board Game Gift Guide: Social Games
Liven up game night, date night or your next holiday gathering with these fun social games!
- Eye to Eye: Ice-cream brands? Things that squeak? Write down three answers from the category card and see how well you know the other players. Be the player to see “Eye to Eye” the most to win the game! 3-6 players • Play Time: 30 min • Ages 10 & up
- Asymbol: Build it like an architect with Asymbol! In this hilarious and interactive board game, players take turns drawing category cards and creating the subject using any number of the 47 pieces in the game. Be the resourceful builder and correct guesser to score points and win! 3-6 players • Play Time: 30 min • Ages 8 & up
- ARTributes: Ready for a hilariously fun drawing game? In ARTributes, players take turns drawing pictures based on chosen descriptive words. The rest of the players or teams try to guess what the picture is to win points. The person or team that reaches 15 points first wins the game! 3-6 players • Play Time: 30 min • Ages 7 & up
- Kilter: An irresistible family-fun game where players place as many blocks as they can before the seesaw tips. Got caught off-kilter? Collect the blocks that fell and reuse them on your next turn. The player to successfully place all of their blocks first, wins the game! 2-4 players • Play Time: 15-20 min • Ages 8 & up
Board Game Gift Guide: Strategy Games
Shopping for a tabletop gamer who loves a challenge? Then pick up a couple of our top-rated strategy games that will pique their interest!
- Amalgam: Fill your cauldrons with an amalgam of ingredients to create the most potent potions. Use your memory to gather and collect as many of the same type of ingredients as you can for the strongest result. 2-4 players • Play Time: 30 min • Ages 10 & up
- Dish ’em Out: Rival diner owners hustle to seat and serve the morning rush of hungry customers that have arrived for breakfast. Different food types have longer cook times, so planning is everything in this fast-paced strategy game!
- Pelican Cove: Think fast to get your pelicans nested before time runs out in this fast-paced game. Each pelican has their own preferences. Can you make them all happy? Only time will tell! 1-5 players • Play Time: 30 min • Ages 8 & up
- Planet Voyagers: Journey through the Solar System as your strategize to play your hand by either advancing your rocket or researching other planets to gain more points. The first player to reach Neptune or earn 12 points wins! A fascinating astrology game that made the Seattle Times 2021 Holiday Gift Guide. 2-5 players • Play Time 30 min • Ages 8 & up
SimplyFun games make the perfect gift because unlike trendy toys, gadgets, and trinkets, our board games enrich your most cherished relationships—which is what the holidays are all about! Whether you are looking to spice up the holiday festivities with a few social games , fill up a few stockings or give the gift of play, with nearly 150 board game titles, you’ll find the perfect board games for everyone on your gift list!
You might also enjoy: What It Means to Give the Gift of Play To A Child